Six (6) hours of continuing education credit will be provided.
|Saturday, December 2, 2023
Registration & Exhibits
7:30 am - 8:00 am
8:00 am - 9:30 am
Break & Exhibits
9:30 am - 10:00 am
10:00 am - 11:30 am
Lunch & Exhibits
11:30 am -12:30 pm
12:30 pm - 2:30 pm
Break & Exhibits
2:30 pm - 2:45 pm
2:45 pm - 4:15 pm
Six (6) hours of continuing education credit will be provided.
Innovations In Dentistry
This seminar will review how technologies have changed our diagnosis and treatment of our patients. We are now able to identify and treat caries, periodontal disease, and failing endodontic restorations sooner than we ever could before. These exciting technologies bring the dental community to a bright, new age of dentistry for doctors, hygienists, staff, and very importantly our patients.
- Learn how to incorporate technologies (lasers), the wide range of benefits they have in clinical dentistry, and how patients can benefit from their uses.
- Learn common clinical uses for YSGG lasers, how they can address patient’s concerns, and provide improved clinical results.
- Discuss and clearly understand patient education and how to attract the right type of new patients with laser technology.
- Learn how hygiene lasers can be used as an adjunct to scaling/root planning and periodontal surgery to treat periodontal disease, as well as discuss research backing up these claims.
- Learn additional laser applications for treating dentinal sensitivity, herpetic lesions, veneer removal, and peri-implantitis treatment.
- Learn how to improve the long-term success of bonded restorations.
- Learn how YSGG lasers dramatically & predictably increase the level of success of endodontic therapy.
About BRAD LEBRECQUE:
Dr. Brad Labrecque is a general dentist whose focus is incorporating laser technology in the modern dental practice. He is passionate about training dental practitioners in the use of dental lasers in all clinical procedures. Dr. Labrecque implemented lasers early in his clinical practice being one of the first dentists in Canada. He has taken hundreds of hours of continuing education and his practical experience makes him a global authority on laser dentistry and is sought after by dental practitioners worldwide to train them in successful implementation of this technology to improve their clinical outcomes from the traditional dental protocols. Since 1995, Dr. Labrecque has lectured globally on this technology in many conferences including Canada /USA/ Australia/ New Zealand /Iceland / Slovenia / Germany. This is due to his extensive knowledge in all wavelengths of dental lasers. Dr. Labrecque maintained a general group practice at Cedar Dental Centre in Kamloops BC Canada, 1984 – 2019 where it is focused on minimally invasive dentistry.
Pockets, Paradigms, and Protocols, a Revolutionary Approach to Precision Periodontics
Despite our best efforts to study, treat, and manage diseases of the periodontium, research continues to indicate an increasing prevalence of oral inflammatory conditions, unpack challenges with our existing protocols, and challenge the dental profession with paradigm shifts. The ‘gold standard’ of periodontal disease management is pivoting as patients are looking to non-invasive approaches to safely, efficiently, and definitively treat disease to promote health. The ever-changing environment of healthcare delivery is now focusing on the convergence of precision medicine, implementation science, and learning healthcare system studies to synergistically improve clinical health outcomes. While our medical colleagues have adapted these paradigm shifts into avant-garde approaches to patient care, dentistry is now called upon to become part of this trailblazing movement. Join Katrina as she discusses a revolutionary concept of ‘Precision Periodontics’, critically examining the current landscape of oral inflammation with a deep focus on contemporary interventions aimed to transform non-invasive care for the periodontal patient, improve clinical outcomes, and optimize the management of periodontal diseases.
- Define implementation science and identify how this emerging discipline is focusing treatment strategies.
- Discuss precision medicine and the evidence-based interventions available to improve clinical outcomes.
- Examine the learning healthcare system and its influence on healthcare delivery systems.
- Evaluate paradigm shifts in the provision of periodontics and the trends in inflammatory management for the dental professional.
- Review the results of optimal therapy in a non-invasive approach to treating periodontal disease.
- Examine case selection in integrating an early and precise approach to advanced periodontics.
- Discuss anti-inflammatory products for the adjunctive treatment of periodontitis.
About Katrina M. Sanders:
Katrina is a clinical dental hygienist, author, and international speaker. She is a vibrant, passionate, and charismatic award-winning educator with a unique approach to delivering continuing dental education. Katrina is the Clinical Liaison, Hygiene Excellence, and Innovation for AZ Perio, the country’s largest periodontal practice. She works alongside diplomats to the American Board of Periodontology to instruct on collaborative professionalism and standard of care protocols while delivering education through hygiene boot camps and study clubs. Known as “The Dental Resultant”, Katrina is a dental hygiene consultant focused on high-level standards, excellence, and production. Her philanthropic efforts include dental humanitarian work in developing countries, supporting abused and homeless animals, and spreading awareness about the benefits of organ and tissue donation.
CHANGE YOUR THOUGHTS AND IMPROVE YOUR OUTCOMES An Update on Protocols, Products and Treatment Options
Updated protocols assist us in determining our patient’s specific needs. As we move towards a more collaborative profession, we need to embrace these updates to identify those needs. We are presented with continuous challenges of new advances in products and technology and their use in dentistry and are in need information to determine when and how to add them into our armamentaria. As professionals providing health services, our perception of product use along with protocols needs to be discussed with our team as well as the interdisciplinary refer- rals we have. The process of care (assessment, diagnosis, treatment planning, implementation, evaluation and documentation) requires a comprehension of protocols, products and treatment options and how they are to be utilized.
- Modify diagnosis assistance with the team and rationale for changes in assessment forms and diagnostic tools.
- Distinguish which new-to-market products should be brought into your practice.
- Integrate materials and products for a variety of uses in the dental office from infection control, dental hygiene therapy, oral cancer screening, patient communication, and instrumentation.
- Develop effective communication with patients and assist in the business of the dental practice.
- Formulate strategies that incorporate efficiency inpatient treatment for more productive scheduling.
About TRICIA OSUNA:
Tricia Osuna is a University of Southern California graduate, Past President of the American Academy of Dental Hygiene and California Dental Hygienists’ Association. Tricia is in her 44th year as a dental hygienist, with many of those as a clinician. She shares her experiences with her audiences in a humorous and enlightening presentation experience. Ms. Osuna is a lifelong CDHA/ ADHA member and a previous Member of the Dental Board of California. She is a Founding Member of the American Board of Facial Esthetics. Licensed in both California and New York, her experiences traverse the dental hygiene arena in a unique way spanning a variety of roles including Consultant, Clinician, Educator, International Presenter, Author, Mentor as well as the owner of Professional Insights, Inc.
Comprehensive Care and Planning for the Dental Hygieni
The dental hygienist plays an integral role in the process of comprehensive diagnosis and delivering the treatment plan with the dentist. But how does the dental hygienist gather the necessary information, deliver, and educate the patient in an efficient and effective manner? This course will introduce technology, protocols, diagnostics, and communication skills to add value to the practice and provide the patient with highest quality of comprehensive care. Guided Biofilm Therapy, lasers, and voice activated charting systems will be introduced with therapeutic values to the patient and practitioner.
- Describe the ideal comprehensive care appointment.
- Learn how to achieve the best delivery of information and education to your patients.
- Identify which technology and protocols to use to be effective and efficient.
About Lynn Atkinson:
Lynn Atkinson, RDH, has been a Registered Dental Hygienist for over 30 years. She graduated from Cypress College, California with a degree in Dental Hygiene. Her passion for utilizing technology while delivering the highest quality of patient care keeps her practicing four days a week as the Clinical Hygiene Director for a highperforming, patient-oriented dental practice in Mission Viejo, California. Lynn lectures and provides clinical, hands-on training to dental professionals on successfully incorporating lasers and other adjunctive therapies into their protocols. For the past several years, Lynn has been a speaker at numerous conferences across the nation, speaking on a variety of topics. She lectures locally in addition to her hands-on courses, has authored several published articles, and has been a guest speaker on industry audio media platforms, enjoyed nationwide. Lynn is an active member and participant of multiple dental associations and organizations. Lynn is a key opinion leader for several dental manufacturers and companies, as well as a speaker and trainer for US EMS Guided Biofilm Therapy. She serves on the Board of Directors at the Academy of Laser Dentistry as Auxiliary Chair, a member of the ALD Speakers Bureau, Education, Conference and Testing Committees. Lynn is the honored recipient of the ALD 2022 Leon Goldman Clinical Excellence Award.
Six (6) hours of continuing education credit will be provided